Child Sex Abuse Survivor Slams National Apology As "Scam"
Child sexual abuse survivor Brett Sengstock has labelled the prime minister's national apology to Australian survivors and victims of child sexual abuse as an "absolute scam".
Last month, US media reported White House officials vetoed one of Scott Morrison's guests for Donald Trump's state dinner.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the prime minister was "determined" to bring Pastor Brian Houston to the event, but after alleged back and forth between Canberra and Washington, the reported request was knocked back.
Houston, who has known Morrison for many years, is the founder of the hugely successful Hillsong Church.
According to the findings of the 2014 royal commission into institutional responses to child sexual abuse, the pastor failed to alert police about allegations that his father, Frank, had sexually assaulted children.
Sengstock -- known during the commission as A.H.A -- was sexually abused by Frank Houston from the age of seven.
Appearing on The Sunday Project tonight, Sengstock hits out at the prime minister over the supposed invite and his handling of the reports.
"It gives the national apology which is around about a year ago absolute, what was the point in doing it? It was just an absolute scam," he told Lisa Wilkinson.
"I think publically he did it to appease all the abuse survivors in this country but as for backing it up with anything, it’s absolutely monstrous. It’s an absolute disgrace."
Morrison has repeatedly refused to answer questions over the supposed invite, earlier labeling it as "gossip".
Speaking on 2GB radio earlier this week, Brian Houston said he doesn't know if the prime minister tried to arrange an invite for him to the White House.
"Was I invited? I genuinely don't know," he told Ben Fordham.
"At first I thought, well no I wasn't because it was news to me. Now, I literally don't know because the Prime Minister and I have never had a conversation about that."