David Beckham Dobbed In For Using Phone While Driving
David Beckham has been issued with a court notice after a member of the public told police he had been allegedly using his mobile phone while driving.
David Beckham, 43, will face a court hearing over allegedly using a mobile phone while driving.
A member of the public alerted the Metropolitan Police to the alleged offence, said to have taken place on November 21 in west London.
A London Magistrates' courts spokesman said the former England footballer, 43, received a single justice procedure notice in the post, but had not yet been charged.
A hearing will take place at Bromley Magistrates' Court on March 19.
The government says a person issued with such a notice does not necessarily need to attend court.
A spokeswoman for Beckham, married to former Spice Girl and fashion designer Victoria and a father of four, could not be reached for comment.