Birds Rescued After Overdosing On Prescription Pills Dumped At Park
A goose and a gull are being nursed back to health after eating some of the hundreds of prescription pills that were dumped at a park south-east of Los Angeles.
Photos of hundreds of pills found at a park in Huntington Beach, a city southeast of Los Angeles, were posted by The Wetlands and Wildlife Care Centre.
It's a park where people and children often gather to watch the wild birds around the lake.
Animal Control was called in after some birds were found with symptoms of having overdosed on the pills.
A Canada goose and a gull survived their ordeal, and are being nursed back to health.
It was not immediately clear who the pills belonged to.