Teen Dies After Phone Falls Into Bath While Charging: Reports
A teenager has reportedly died in Russia after her phone dropped into a bath while it was charging.
The 15-year-old, identified by local media as Irina Rybinikova, was found dead in the bath on Saturday, in the city of Bratsk.
Reports claim Rybinikova had plugged her phone in to charge before it fell into the water, electrocuting her.
Rybinikova was a champion fighter in pankration -- a martial arts form from Ancient Greece -- according to several media reports, and had been selected for her country's national team.
Her sister Tatiana reportedly told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper she had just become a godmother to her daughter.
"My children adored her and called her nanny ... and now she is not with us anymore," she said.
"Our hearts are broken."
Rybinikova's sports federation reportedly paid tribute to the young martial arts champion.
“She was a candidate for Master of Sports in pankration, our beloved girl. Rest in peace," it said in a statement.
Featured image: Instagram / seegeevna pankration