A Good Day For Australia Despite Some Extreme Perth Pitch Weirdness
Australia is 6/277 at stumps after day one of the second Test against India at Optius Stadium in Perth, with Pat Cummins not out on 11 and Aussie captain Tim Paine on 16.
"A pretty good day, all in all," Aussie opener Aaron Finch said after a day on which Australia won the toss and batted on on a very green pitch which always threatened danger.
While the pitch did indeed play as quickly as you expect a West Australian wicket to play, there were also a few surprises -- highlighted by a mulligrubber and a crazy bouncing ball off the spin of Vihari which took the wicket of Marcus Harris.
Highlights of the day included three fifties for Australia -- 70 for Marcus Harris, 58 for Travis Head and 50 for Aaron Finch.
For India, Sharma and Vihari took two wickets each, with one apiece to Bumrah and Yadav.
And that's STUMPS. We'll see you tomorrow. You can scroll down for all the good bits that happened today, and a few of the dud bits too.
- Marsh, Head go in final session
- We need to talk about the Perth pitch
- Khawaja and Harris gone. uh-oh
- Great start after lunch, 50 for Harris, 100 for Australia
- Australia's morning session. Undefeated at lunch
- 50 partnership for Aussies
- Fantastic first hour for Aussies
- Finch tries to start positively
- Australia win toss and bat
- Farce as Cricket Australia Effectively Says "Let them seats bake"