Latrell Mitchell Dropped For Game II As Blues Name Origin Team
The Blues have named their full line-up for Origin game two, with coach Brad Fittler announcing a staggering seven changes ahead of the June 23 game.
Latrell Mitchell has been dropped on his 22nd birthday, after he was heavily criticised for a sub-par showing in the game-one defeat.
His axing will nevertheless still be regarded as a major shock.
A Kangaroos incumbent, Mitchell scored two tries as part of an 18-point haul in the Sydney Roosters' big NRL win over Canterbury on Sunday.
James Maloney, Tom Trbojevic, Tariq Sims, Blake Ferguson and Wade Graham have all been called in for the game in Perth.
Trbojevic and Jack Wighton are in the centres despite neither playing there for their club teams.
Meanwhile, Knights player Daniel Saifiti and Dale Finucane from the Storm will make their debuts.
David Klemmer, Payne Haas and Nick Cotric are three forced changes after copping injuries over the past fortnight.
First-gamer Cody Walker, Angus Crichton, Josh Morris and Mitchell have been overlooked in what is a vastly-different looking team.
Halfback candidate Mitchell Pearce was widely tipped for a dramatic recall but was ruled out early on Sunday due to hip and cork issues.
"It's really disappointing for him," Fittler told the Nine Network on Sunday.
"He was really keen ... I spoke to him last night and I knew he had a cork but speaking to him this morning and just then, he'll be unavailable.
NSW Blues Round II Team
- James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters)
- Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels)
- Tom Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders)
- Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm)
- James Maloney (Penrith Panthers)
- Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers)
- Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights)
- Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Boyd Cordner (c) (Sydney Roosters)
- Tyson Frizell (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
- Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm)
- Tariq Sims (St George Illawarra Dragons)
- Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
- Wade Graham (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)