Pat Cummins Wins Cricket's Allan Border Medal, Alyssa Healy Clean Sweep Of Women's Awards
Fast bowler Pat Cummins has taken out Aussie cricket's greatest honour, named the winner of the Allan Border Medal.
Cummins narrowly edged out fellow bowler Nathan Lyon for the top honour, but the spinner was still rewarded for his outstanding season as he was named the test player of the year.
Alyssa Healy was named the Belinda Clark medallist, for overall women's player of the year, while also being named the one-day international and T20 international player of the year.
The men's one-day international player of the year was Marcus Stoinis, while Glenn Maxwell was named T20 international player of the year.
A maiden winner of the Border Medal was certain, with Steve Smith and David Warner ineligible to continue their four-year dominance.
The suspended duo did not attend the black-tie awards night and are unlikely to poll more than a handful of votes in the matches they had played in the voting period.
Lyon was also Australia's leading wicket-taker in the Test series against Pakistan in the UAE which Cummins missed through injury.
Cummins was a veritable highlight reel through a rollercoaster season for the Aussie men, the player behind a number of heroics with both ball and bat.
Healy's heroics in the T20 World Cup placed her in front of two-time Belinda Clark Award winners Ellyse Perry and Meg Lanning.
The wicketkeeper-batter was named player of the tournament, scoring 225 runs from five innings to lead Australia to victory.
WINNERS AT THE AUSTRALIAN CRICKET AWARDS:
* Allan Border Medal: Pat Cummins
* Belinda Clark Award: Alyssa Healy
* Test player of the year: Nathan Lyon
* One-day international player of the year: Marcus Stoinis
* T20 international player of the year: Glenn Maxwell
* Women's ODI player of the year: Healy
* Women's T20 international player of the year: Healy
* Domestic players of the year: Matthew Wade and Heather Graham
* Bradman young men's cricketer: Will Pucovski
* Betty Wilson young women's cricketer: Georgia Wareham
BORDER MEDAL VOTING:
* Cummins 156 votes
* Lyon 150
* Aaron Finch 146
* Stoinis/Usman Khawaja 102
CLARK AWARD VOTING:
* Healy 125
* Megan Schutt 81
* Ashleigh Gardiner 71
* Ellyse Perry 60
* Sophie Molineux, Meg Lanning 48