Coronavirus Testing To Be Expanded As Australian Cases Continue To Rise
Welcome to 10 daily's live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic for Monday, March 23, 2020.
If you suspect you or a family member has COVID-19 you should call (not visit) your GP or ring the national Coronavirus Health Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
Here's what you need to know:
- As of 10pm Monday: 1717 cases in Australia
- NSW is the worst-affected state with 704 confirmed cases
- Victoria has 355 cases, while Queensland has 319
- Pubs, cinemas and churches have closed across Australia from noon
- Coronavirus deaths in Italy rose by 641 in one day
- Schools in Victoria will close from tomorrow for early school holidays, NSW Premier urges parents to keep their children home.
- Australia's indefinite worldwide travel ban applies to Olympic athletes