Man Accused Of Angry Anderson's Son's 'Brutal' Murder Seeks Mental Health Assessment

The man accused of killing Angry Anderson’s son in what has been described as a savage and bloody attack has sought an adjournment for his mental health.

Matthew Flame did not attend court on Tuesday, but his lawyer sought the adjournment on his behalf.

His lawyer Leonie Gittani told 10 News First Flame was doing as well as could be expected under the circumstances.

He will see a forensic psychologist this week and the case will be heard again in November.

Liam Anderson, the musician’s son, was found covered in blood in a park, in Sydney’s Northern Beaches in November, after sustaining critical head injuries.

Despite paramedics’ attempts to revive him, his wounds proved fatal.

Paramedics at the scene. Photo: 10 News

The 26 year old was allegedly murdered by his friend Flame, who is believed to have been under the influence of illegal drugs at the time.

The aspiring rapper was allegedly beaten and stomped to death in the Queenscliff park, not far from his home, after he and Flame had attended a house party together.

Flame was arrested at the scene and taken to Manly Police Station, where he was charged with murder.

“The man we have in custody was violent and it took a number of police officers to subdue and arrest him,” Detective Inspector Michael Boutouridis told reporters after his arrest.

“It is a quiet area. The assault was brutal. It was quite a bloody scene.”

Posts on the victim and the accused killer’s social media pages show two friends were “obsessed with each other”.

Floral tributes are seen at the scene where Liam Anderson was killed. Photo: AAP

The pair had attended Defqon Music Festival together weeks before the incident where Anderson had posted about his mate.

“Shout out to my homie Matthew Flame for being a real one, love you mate x,” he’d written.

Weeks later, the 20-year-old apprentice plumber faced court on a murder charge.

His barrister Charles Waterstreet describing the incident to reporters outside court as a “double tragedy”.

“What has happened here is lightning has struck twice. Two individuals and their families; it’s a double tragedy,” he said.

“He’s devastated.”

Angry Anderson.

In court, Flame was supported by his mum who mouthed ‘I love you’ to her son as they blew each other kisses.

He didn’t apply for bail and his barrister asked the court for a mental health assessment and for treatment for injuries to his hand and foot.

Liam rapped under the name Ranford Bigsby and like his dad, he loved music.

“I’m a keen rapper with the flow that I’m blessed with,” are lyrics in one of his songs.

In December, his Aussie rocker father released an emotional video in the wake of his son’s death paying tribute to his fans for their support in what he described as his “darkest hour”.

Anderson, who is the lead singer of the hard rock band, Rose Tattoo, is seen holding back tears as he thanked his fans for the “hundreds if not thousands of messages,” cards and flowers from Australians around the world.

He also opened up about the struggle of his “new life” without his youngest son.

“Recently, my family and I went through our darkest hour so far in our lives,” Anderson said in the social media video.

“I want you to know each and every one of those messages that I read and my children read meant so much to us, so this is a thank you from us to all of you, you could never know how grateful we are.”

Anderson said he was amazed at the sheer volume of messages of support received within days and weeks of his son’s death.