Man's Hands, Teeth Removed Before Body Burnt In Shockingly 'Gruesome' Murder

A man's hands and teeth were removed and a bush fire set by his killers in an attempt to cover up a Christmas Day crime, police will allege.

Homicide detectives on Wednesday evening charged five men over the alleged murder of Tyron Beauchamp, 41, whose charred remains were found dumped in bushland north of Taree, NSW on December 27.

Firefighters from the Rural Fire Service (RFS) who were called to the bush fire in the Yarratt State Forest made the discovery in the early hours of the morning.

"Tyron was found burnt as a result of the fire the rural fire brigade were putting out," Homicide Squad Commander and Detective Superintendent Scott Cook told reporters on Wednesday.

"It will be alleged in court the bush fire was set up to cover up his body."

NSW Police have formally identified the man as Tyron Beauchamp. Image: NSW Police

Cook said Beauchamp was at a gathering two days earlier with three other men in Taree when an argument broke out over property.

"It will be alleged ... that two of the men beat Tyrone, one with a steel bar, that resulted in severe head injuries and ultimately his death," Cook said.

A post mortem examination revealed he was seriously assaulted before his body was taken to the forest and set alight.

READ MORE: 'Private' Man Found Dumped In Bushland Assaulted, Set Alight

Police will allege his hands and teeth were removed in an attempt to disguise his body.

"All murder is terrible. This is a gruesome aspect of murder when people's body parts are removed," he said.

DNA allowed police to identify the victim as a Queensland man who moved to Taree about six months before his death.

Police believe Beauchamp was an associate of the men who killed him, though the extent of their relationship and any previous disputes are not entirely known.

"No murder is acceptable in any circumstance but to murder someone over a small amount of property is a disgrace," Cook said.

Detectives have arrested five men over Beauchamp's alleged murder. Image: NSW Police

Detectives arrested four men -- aged 19, 22, 23 and 24 -- at separate homes in Taree about 7am on Wednesday.

A fifth man, 42, was also arrested at Taree Police Station one hour later.

All five men were taken to Forster Police Station where the 24-year-old and 22-year-old were charged with murder.

The three other men, aged 23, 19 and 42, were charged with accessory after the fact to murder.

All five men were refused bail to appear in court on Thursday.

Featured image: NSW Police