Police Release Photos Of Melbourne Man Shot In The Face
Police have released video footage in a bid to identify a car used in a drive-by shooting in Melbourne last year, which left a man in an induced coma.
Photos of a bloodied man stumbling into a service station after being shot in the face in Melbourne's west last year have been released by police.
Victoria Police also released video footage of a car they are searching for which is believed to be connected to the Melton drive-by shooting on November 30.
The victim, aged in his 40s, was rushed to hospital and remained in an induced coma for several days.
He still requires ongoing medical treatment and police say he's lucky to be alive.
Detective Inspector Dean Thomas said the motive for the shooting is unclear, but the offending vehicle could be a white HSV Clubsport.
"The difference between investigating a homicide or a non-fatal shooting has only been millimetres," he said.
"We're very keen to speak to anyone who might have witnessed the incident or the offender's vehicle on the night."
Police say the victim had just dropped off a female friend in Melton West, about 12.30am, when a number of shots were fired from a second car into his red sedan.
The victim was pursued to Centenary Avenue and Coburns road, where he was shot at again, with one shot striking him in the face.
Another female passenger in the vehicle was not injured and called Triple 0.
The man managed to drive to a nearby service station seeking medical assistance.
One of the men police wish to speak to is described as Caucasian, dressed all in black and carrying a baseball bat and a long-arm firearm.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or at crimestoppersvic.com.au