Accused Child Rapist Anthony Sampieri Also Allegedly Attacked 7-Year-Old Victim's Mother

The man charged with raping a seven-year-old girl in the toilet of a Sydney dance school punched, bound, gagged, and filmed his victim on his mobile phone, police allege.

Court papers also reveal for the first time, that 54-year-old Anthony Peter Sampieri, allegedly attacked the little girl's mother with a knife or sharp implement as she came to her daughter's aid.

Sampieri faced Waverley Local Court via video link from Silverwater jail, where he’s being held over the sex attack in Kogarah on November 15.

He’s facing 11 charges including sexual intercourse with a child under 10, aggravated kidnapping, choking a person with intent to commit an indictable offence, using a child under 14 to make child abuse material, aggravated indecent assault, and two counts of aggravated act of indecency being filmed.

Anthony Peter Sampieri. Image: 10 News First

It's alleged Sampieri first punched the girl in the face, then choked her to render her incapable of resisting the sexual assault.

Police also claim the child was bound and gagged, and that Sampieri filmed parts of the sexual assault on his mobile phone.

Sampieri appeared on the video screen unshaven and with what appeared to be a small injury on the right side of his nose.

He spoke only twice during the short mention, answering “yes” when the Magistrate asked whether he could hear her, and “thank you” when she informed him of his next court date.

A police charge sheet also reveals Sampieri is also charged with assaulting the girl's mother, "occasioning actual bodily harm to her".

The bathroom where the alleged attack took place.

10 News First understands police will allege he used a sharp weapon to swipe at the mother when she came to her daughter's aid, and caused a small cut to her arm or hand.

He's also accused of stabbing one of two men who allegedly discovered him naked with the victim inside a cubicle of the dance studio toilets.

In court, Sampieri did not apply for bail and it was formally refused.

His barrister Ken Buckman told the court Sampieri consented to a police application for a forensic procedure.

He’ll next appear in Sutherland Local Court on January 23.

Sampieri was charged last night after spending ten days under guard in Prince of Wales Hospital.

As well as injuries sustained as he was being detained, it’s understood Sampieri also has Hepatitis C and liver damage.

Yesterday, the NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller made an unprecedented statement regarding Sampieri, should he be convicted.

“My number one priority is making sure that Sampieri dies in jail," Mr Fuller said.

"I will make sure that the investigation, that all of the evidence that goes before the court, sees him never back on our streets again."