Queensland Confirms Fourth Case Of Coronavirus, State's Second In 24 Hours
Queensland health authorities have confirmed another case of coronavirus, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to four.
The latest patient is a 37-year-old man who was a member of the same nine-person tour group travelling with the previously confirmed cases in the state.
The man, a Chinese national from Wuhan, is currently isolated in the Gold Coast University Hospital, Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said.
The confirmation comes less than 24 hours after health authorities confirmed the third case of the virus in the state, an eight-year-old boy who was also part of the same group.
All four patients, including a 44-year-old man and a 42-year-old woman who were confirmed to have the virus last week, are in stable conditions in hospital.
"The five others from the same tour group remain in isolation in GCUH," Young said.
It comes as at least two Australians on board a cruise ship docked off the coast of Japan tested positive for coronavirus earlier on Wednesday.
About 3,700 passengers and crew have been quarantined on board the 'Diamond Princess' cruise liner that is docked in the port of Yokohama, after a man who sailed on the vessel last month tested positive for the virus.
Japan’s Health Minister on Wednesday said 10 additional passengers have also tested positive.
Queensland's latest confirmed case brings the total number of cases in Australia to 14.
Four cases have been confirmed in NSW, four in Victoria and two in South Australia.
Globally there have been more than 24,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus and nearly 500 deaths.