Possible Fourth Case Of Coronavirus In NSW
NSW health authorities are investigating a fourth possible case of the deadly coronavirus in the state after a patient tested positive during a preliminary examination
NSW Health on Sunday cleared four people who were being investigated for possible infection.
However results showed one patient who was being assessed had tested positive during initial examinations.
Confirmation was expected on Monday.
"Public health follow-up of this probable case is being undertaken in accordance with the national guidelines and the patient remains in isolation," NSW Health said in a statement on Sunday.
"Of the five cases that were under investigation today, four have now been cleared of the infection."
Meanwhile, three infected men, aged 35, 43 and 53, have been isolated in hospital to prevent the virus spreading further and are listed as being in a stable condition.
Two of the men had travelled to the Chinese city at the centre of the outbreak - Wuhan - while another man had travelled from the southern city of Shenzhen but had direct contact with a person from Wuhan who was diagnosed with the virus.
Another man aged in his 50s, tested positive in a Melbourne hospital after arriving from the Chinese city of Guangzhou last week.
A Hobart man has tested negative for coronavirus on Sunday after he was admitted to the Royal Hobart Hospital on Saturday with mild respiratory symptoms.
The man in his 30s had travelled to China earlier this month and spent time Wuhan, where the coronavirus outbreak began.
He contacted a general practitioner with respiratory problems and was admitted into an isolation room in hospital while tests were conducted to rule out the infection.
The man has been discharged from hospital after his results showed he was not infected.
NSW Health has warned there are a number of people coming forward, as authorities race to contact passengers who shared flights from China with the patients.
Chief health officer Kerry Chant said anyone who has symptoms of the deadly infection should cover their coughs and sneezes with a tissue or their elbow and wash their hands thoroughly.
Symptoms include fever, coughing and difficulty breathing.
Dr Chant said people shouldn't be afraid of speaking to their doctors if they experience any coronavirus symptoms.
NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard also urged anyone with symptoms to come forward.
Mr Hazzard said the state's health department had done everything possible to identify and contain the virus.
China has confirmed 56 deaths from the virus, while some 1300 people are now estimated to have the virus worldwide.
The illness has been confirmed in other countries including Thailand, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, France and the United States.
Australians are being urged not to travel to Wuhan or China's Hubei province.