'Pervert' Camouflage Rapist Jailed As Judge Calls Him 'The Devil'

Troy Johnson disguised himself in a camouflage suit and hid near a NSW bush track before he kidnapped, raped and tortured a 12-year-old girl who was on her way to school.

He has continued hiding ever since the May 2017 attack, by repeatedly requesting that the court suppress his name.

But 10 News First brought in a barrister to fight his latest attempt and we can now name the man the judge called 'an evil pervert'.

On Tuesday, NSW District Court Judge David Wilson sentenced him to a maximum of 28 years jail for more than a dozen child sex offences against the student victim and another young girl.

“Society has no place for a person like you. Your conduct suggests you’re a person who is simply depraved," Wilson said.

The court heard the 33-year-old lived a perverted double life,  pretending to be a family man but abusing children in his spare time.

“You told your psychiatrist the devil must be responsible -- you were correct," Wilson said. 

Johnson jumped out of a patch of the Central Coast bush during his attack, while wearing a full body camouflage suit that is usually used for hunting.

It was a path frequented by children walking to a local school. When he saw his victim walking past, he grabbed her and dragged her into the undergrowth.

“Shh don’t scream, don’t scream or I’ll have to hurt you,” the court heard Johnson told the young girl.

He was armed with a knife and tied the victim up before proceeding to torture her for more than an hour.

The 12-year-old was eventually released and ran to get help.

Johnson then texted his best mate, writing, “Hey dude, you’ll never guess what I just did. I tied up a schoolgirl".

The next day, he continued gloating about the attack -- even sending a news paper clipping to his friend.

Last week, his victim bravely gave evidence in Gosford District Court.

“On this occasion you were the captive, she sat looking at you only armed with her statement," Wilson told Johnson.

“You sat there virtually emotionless … as she told you of the long-lasting effects of your actions.”

Johnson was arrested a month after his cruel crimes, for grooming and sexually abusing another little girl.

At the time he was forced to hand over two mobile phones. This worried him and he told a friend, “I’m a real pervert, I’ve got lots of stuff on there".

Two months later, investigators found proof that Johnson was the camouflage rapist -- on his phone.

They promptly re-arrested him and searched his home, finding the remains of a so-called rape kit in his garage on August 25, 2017. Inside the kit were cable ties, knives and parts of the Ghillie suit.

The judge sent Johnson away for 28 years because he has shown no remorse and has a history of voyeuristic behaviour, with little chance of rehabilitation.

He will be eligible for parole in 2038.