Details Emerge Of Eurydice Dixon's Final Hour

Details of moments leading up to the rape and murder of Eurydice Dixon have been revealed in court.

Jaymes Todd followed aspiring comedian Eurydice Dixon as she walked home before raping and murdering her.

Todd appeared in a Melbourne court on Thursday and will return to court again before a decision is made on how long he will spend in jail.

Todd, of Broadmeadows, was 19 when he spotted Ms Dixon at the intersection of Flinders and Swanston streets as she walked home after performing a comedy gig.

Eurydice Dixon. Photo: AAP

Todd stalked the 22-year-old for five kilometres, more than 30 minutes across the city, maintaining a constant distance behind her of 15-20 seconds, speeding up or slowing down as she did.

Todd cried during the hearing when Dixon's sister read out a victim impact statement.

He attacked Ms Dixon at Carlton North's Princes Park overnight on June 12 last year, after she'd crossed two soccer pitches and stepped onto a third.

A passer-by walking home from work discovered her body at 2.50am the following morning.

A makeshift memorial for Eurydice Dixon at the Princes Park sporting precinct. Dixon's body was found at the park in the early hours of Wednesday morning. Photo: AAP

Todd handed himself into police later that day, initially denying involvement, but pleading guilty to murder, rape, attempted rape and sexual assault when he faced court in November.

Ms Dixon's death sparked a national outpouring of grief with a vigil at Princes Park attracting more than 5000 people.

Jaymes Todd . Photo: AAP

Todd was expected to face a plea hearing earlier this year, but the matter was delayed while prosecutors sought a psychiatric report from James Ogloff at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health.

Todd has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder.

The Supreme Court plea hearing, before Justice Stephen Kaye, is expected to run throughout Thursday and Friday before Todd is sentenced later this year.