Advertisement

Serial Killer Ivan Milat Admitted To Hospital

Serial backpacker killer Ivan Milat has been admitted to hospital again, just months after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.

10 daily understands he was transferred to Sydney's Prince of Wales hospital on Friday afternoon, but his condition is unknown.

Milat, who is serving life in prison for the horrific murders of seven backpackers, whose bodies were found in the Belanglo State Forest between 1989 and 1993, was admitted into hospital earlier this year in May.

He was diagnosed with esophageal and stomach cancer after a series of lumps were found in his throat and stomach after screening.

Milat was later transferred to Long Bay Jail Hospital where he has since remained.

ivan milat
PHOTO: AAP.

In an exclusive interview with 10 News First in May Milat's nephew, Alistair Shipsey said the family had been told Milat had "a couple of weeks to live".

"He was just talking about how he can't eat, he's lost a lot of weight, can't keep anything down," Shipsey said at the time.

READ MORE: Two Weeks Left: Ivan Milat’s Nephew Says No Deathbed Confession

Shipsey, who believes his uncle was framed for the shooting and stabbing murders of seven backpackers, said there would not be a deathbed confession from Milat.

Milat received seven life sentences in 1996 for the killings but he has continued to send letters to Shipsey detailing his innocence and signing his name "Ivan innocent".

Contact the author: vgerova@networkten.com.au