Advertisement

Family Of Seven Suffer Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Inside Home

Five children and two adults have been rushed to hospital after being discovered in a house suffering from toxic carbon monoxide poisoning.

Emergency services were called to the property in Vaucluse, in Sydney's eastern suburbs, around 1:30 pm on Monday afternoon.

Inside the home, paramedics found two adults, two children in their late teens and three younger children of about school age.

All seven people were taken to hospital after showing symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, including trouble breathing .

The home in which the family was found

A spokesperson for NSW ambulance told 10 daily they were all now in stable conditions.

Investigations are now underway as to what caused the toxic gas, but early investigations suggest a gas-based pool heater may be to blame. 

A spokesperson for Fire and Rescue NSW who attended the scene, told 10 daily it appeared the flue which is responsible for ventilation had malfunctioned.

10 News First understands the family had only recently moved back into the home after extensive renovations to the property.

More to come.