Police Fined $390,000 After Trapped Woman Died In Industrial Freezer
South Australia police have been fined $390,000 over the death of a cook and cleaner who became trapped in a walk-in freezer at a police training centre in the Adelaide Hills.
The fine was imposed in the South Australian Employment Tribunal on Tuesday over the death of Debra Summers in 2016 after the department pleaded guilty to breaching workplace safety laws.
Summers died from hypothermia with prosecutors previously telling the tribunal that issues with the freezer and problems at the training centre had either gone unnoticed or unattended to for years.
More to come.
Featured Image: Getty