Body Pulled From Water At Royal National Park, Not The Body Of Missing Man

A body has been pulled from the water at the Royal National Park south of Sydney, just a day after another man was also reported missing from the area.

Police believe the grim discovery on Tuesday morning is not the body of a man who was swept off rocks at the notorious Figure Eight Pools on Monday.

Surf Life Saving NSW said an 80-year-old man was found unconscious in the water on Tuesday and was believed to have been alone in his boat before he entered the water.

The man's boat is believed to have washed up onto rocks and was later located in pieces on Little Marley Beach.

Emergency services were called to the beach in the Royal National Park after a man was seen floating in the water just before 11am.

READ MORE: Men Swept Off Rocks At Notorious 'Figure Eight' Pool, Police Search Ocean For Missing Friend

Westpac Life Saver Rescue Helicopters said a helicopter was being diverted from the Figure Eight search because of reports a boat had crashed onto rocks north of Marley.

The man was winched by helicopter, however paramedics were unable to save him and he died at the scene.

"This is a tragic boating accident so close to last night's missing person search at Figure Eight Pools," Surf Life Saving Sydney Duty Officer Jackson Towns said.

"Unfortunately when critical incidents occur in the Royal National Park area our rescue efforts are hampered by lack of access and poor radio and phone reception."

SLSNSW CEO Steven Pearce said boating accidents were tragic for the family and the broader community.

"This is an opportunity to reiterate to people heading out on the water how important it is to wear a lifejacket, to always carry safety gear and advise someone of where and when you're going," Pearce said in a statement.

On Monday a man went missing and another was injured after the pair were swept off rocks at the famous but dangerous Figure Eight Pools located in the national park.

A man in his 20s was able to climb to safety on a rock shelf and was treated for minor lacerations at the scene, authorities said.

A search was launched for the other man, believed to be 22, who disappeared under the water and did not resurface.

Featured Image: AAP