Beyond The Valley Festival Death: Snake Venom Found In Reveller's Blood

The family of a university student who died after attending the Beyond The Valley music festival have discredited claims he died from a drug overdose. 

The family of 20-year-old Callum Edwards revealed on Wednesday he died after he was bitten by a venomous sake.

His brother, Liam Edwards, 21, was due to meet him at the festival at Lardner in Victoria on December 29.

But before that meeting could happen, Callum was taken to hospital in a critical condition.

Tragically, Callum died just three days later.

It was widely reported he died from a suspected drug overdose after attending the music festival, but Liam has now revealed his brother may have died from a tiger snake bite.

"Tiger snake venom was found in his system," Liam told the Herald Sun.

Callum Edwards died after attending the festival. Image: Facebook/Beyond The Valley.

Police said the circumstances leading to Callum's injury and consequent death are still being investigated and they are preparing a report for the coroner.

"The circumstances surrounding his death are yet to be determined, however it is not being treated as suspicious," police said.

Callum's funeral will be held in his home town Mansfield, Victoria on Thursday. Details of the service were shared on Liam's Facebook page.

Image: Facebook/ Liam Edwards.

Just days before Callum's death, two other attendees at Beyond The Valley were rushed to hospital after attending the festival.

10 daily has contacted Beyond The Valley festival for comment.

Featured Image: Facebook/ Liam Edwards/Beyond The Valley. 

Contact Siobhan at