Father Shot In Brazen Driveway Ambush

A father is recovering in hospital after being ambushed and shot in the foot in the driveway of his Clyde business.

It was just after 5pm on Monday night when a black Ford pulled into the Autosport Detailing business on Berry Street for what police allege was a targeted attack.

Inside that vehicle were three men, two of them are alleged to be Guildford locals Ahmed Houda and Mohammed Wais Niazy who confronted the owner Ishan El-Hourani, and his son Ali.

A wild brawl ensued between the four men, but it escalated when one of the Guildford men allegedly pulled out a black pistol and fired it twice at the 48 year-old father.

The second shot hit him in the foot.

Image: 10 News First

Neighbours from surrounding businesses then ran in to help, pinning one of them to the floor and kicking the gun away.

“All I hear was a couple of big loud bangs and I ran outside to have a look… we all just charged in,” a local mechanic told 10 News First.

Another business owner, Ray Sherriff, said after he heard the gun shot, he ran out and hit one of the shooters with a shovel and held him down until police arrived.

Image: 10 News First

“I don’t think (Ishan) realised (he’d been shot) until somebody actually pointed it out to him… you just saw him look down and you could see his white sock full of blood,” he told reporters.

“I’m a little bit shocked that it happened so close to home but ultimately it ended well.”

Officers also crash tackled one of the alleged offenders who tried to flee on foot, the third of three men to be arrested at the scene.

Houda was taken to Granville Police Station for questioning while Niazy went to hospital suffering facial injuries.

Image: 10 News First

They were both charged with discharging a firearm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and faced Parramatta Local Court today.

Houda didn’t come up from cells for his appearance and was formally refused bail.

Outside of court, his lawyer, Tom Sweeney, told reporters the charges were serious and that it was too early to comment.

He will make a bail application on Thursday along with Niazy, who was also formally refused bail this afternoon.

Image: 10 News First

The third man, aged 22 from Chester Hill, was charged with affray and will face court in February.

Ishan was taken to Westmead Hospital, where he remains in a stable condition after undergoing a three-hour surgery on his foot.

It's not yet known what sparked the alleged attack.

Featured Image: 10 News First