Toddler Dies After Becoming Trapped Inside Washing Machine
The three-year-old boy was playing with a sibling in the laundry room when he climbed in.
Authorities say a toddler died at a Florida home after becoming trapped in a front-loading washing machine.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that the 3-year-old boy died Sunday.
Orlando police say the boy was playing with a sibling in the laundry room when he somehow got inside the washing machine. He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
According to Consumer reports, more than 2,000 children each year are seriously hurt, and a few die, after reaching, climbing, or falling into washers and dryers or toppling down from them.
Investigators did not release further details and the death remains under investigation. No charges were immediately reported.