Police Identify Man Left Severely Burned In Sydney Factory Fire
A man suffering severe burns to half of his body who stumbled to a Sydney service station in his shoes and underwear from a nearby factory fire, has been identified as a 56-year-old from Marayong.
Members of the public assisted the man who walked to the Blacktown petrol station after 7am on Saturday, before emergency services arrived and flew him to Royal North Shore Hospital.
The man was still wearing boots, but most of his clothes appeared to have been burned off. He was in severe pain, calling out for help, with his skin peeling off his body.
Police believe the man was seriously burned when a transformer exploded at a nearby factory.
Vision of the incident, sourced by News Corp, shows the man moaning in pain and being assisted by members of the public outside the petrol station.
The man's skin can be seen peeling off his body.
The man remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital.