This Pub Is Doing A Fancy Eight-Course Schnitzel Degustation Menu
Chocolate schnitzel. Abalone schnitzel. Kangaroo schnitzel. Wasabi schnitzel. These and more are on offer at a remarkable eight-course schnitty tasting menu at a pub in Sydney.
The Toxteth Hotel in Glebe, just outside the city centre, is turning the pub favourite into a gourmet creation for one night only in September.
"Yes you read that right! We are hosting a Schnitzel Degustation," the pub said.
"Think eight courses of this crowd favourite."
Their 'Schnitzel Degustation Menu' features a mind-boggling array of crumbed and fried options from starters to dessert, including:
- Abalone Schnitzel with Seaweed and Radishes
- Eggplant Schnitzel, Crushed Tomato, Mozzarella Cheese
- Dory Schnitzel Salted Baby Capers, Fondant Potato and Lime Mayo
- Turkey Schnitzel with Pickled Cabbage and Apple Sauce
- Veal Schnitzel Mushroom and Sage Butter, Mash Potato
- Wasabi and Sesame Crumbed Chicken Schnitzel with Steamed rice
- Kangaroo Schnitzel, Bush Tomato Compote, Lemon Myrtle
- Dessert Schnitzel Chocolate Mousse, Anzac Crumbs and BerriesBit different from your standard $10 lunch special or Sunday two-for-one with chips and gravy!
It's all going down on September 14, and tickets are just $50 -- but if you want to pair your schnitzel safari with matching craft beers, that bumps the price up to $75.