'The Masked Singer Australia': All The Biggest Clues From Episode 1
The first six celebrities have made their debut on 'The Masked Singer' and revealed a stack of clues about their identities.
We heard the angelic voices of Prawn, Alien, Octopus, Robot, Unicorn and Wolf, and although they spoke at length (with distorted voices) about their lives, their hobbies, and their personalities -- we're still trying to guess who most of the celebs are.
While (spoiler!) the Octopus was revealed to be Gretel Killeen after landing in the bottom three with Alien and Wolf -- the other five characters are still a complete mystery.
If you've been furiously Googling celebrity heights and poring over Wikipedia, we've collected all the biggest clues to help you with your detective work. Plus we've included the (sometimes completely unhelpful) guesses from judges Jackie O, Lindsay Lohan, Dave Hughes and Dannii Minogue.
Here we go!
Prawn swaggered on stage as our first Masked Singer with a spot-on Elvis Presley impersonation, crooning along to "Suspicious Minds" with some energetic fishermen as backup dancers. His hip-shaking scored a nod from Jackie who noted that "he's cheeky" but that doesn't really narrow down the identity of Pirate Prawn Presley.
What We Know
- Height: 183cm, Strength: Sociable.
- It doesn't take much for this prawn to come out of his shell (get it?!)
- He's most comfortable on stage and has been in the public eye in Australia, the US and the UK.
- He's a bit of a lad who perhaps enjoys playing soccer and NFL according to some visual clues.
- He requested that no one "put him in a cocktail, that's so 1970s".
The Judges' Guesses: Danny Cipriani, Jamie Oliver, Ed Sheeran or Brian McFadden.
Singing Lady Gaga's "Born This Way", the teeny tiny alien sounded right at home on stage and performed some very professional choreography.
What We Know
- Height: 155cm, Strength: Resilience.
- Alien explained that while people thought she "appeared out of nowhere" she'd actually trained for years -- a one-hit-wonder, perhaps?
- Her bedroom was adorned with a Spice Girls poster and five hula hoops which could represent the Olympic Games.
- Alien said she "came in peace" but ended up "being probed" which sounds like a star who's shied away from public life.
The Judges' Guesses: Nikki Webster, Bindi Irwin, Angus Young, Samantha Jade.
The leggy 1960s-looking octopus lured us in with a sultry rendition of "Fame" and then upped the pace until all four judges were up out of their seats, dancing along to the bop.
While Octopus was revealed to be none other than Gretel -- reverse engineering some of these cryptic clues could help with the other five celebs.
What We Know
- Height 170cm, Strength: Unpredictable.
- The Octopus wants "a hand in everything" and was a leader from an early age.
- She made a career change that made everyone laugh.
- Recently she's been getting her money from "the bookmakers" and mentioned taking a gamble.
The Judges' Guesses: Lauryn Eagle, Paulini Curuenavuli, Courtney Act, Guy Pearce.
Arguably the strongest performance of the night, Robot won over the crowd with James Bay's "Hold Back The River" and was anything but ~mechanical~.
What We Know
- Height: 182cm, Strenth: Determination.
- While Robot sounded like a pro-singer, plenty of the clues pointed to someone who could be an Olympic swimmer (connected to the water, surrounded by gold).
- Robot cares about the environment and loves picking up rubbish and stashing them in bags labelled 'UN'.
- His favourite animal used to be the butterfly (again, a swimming clue?) but now prefers "something that goes 'tweet'" (either a birdwatcher or a Twitter fiend).
The Judges' Guesses: Usher, Troye Sivan, Matt Corby, Conrad Sewell.
Although the Unicorn has the least amount of vision in her costume and can only peer through that tiny mouth hole, she stayed light on her hooves as she performed Ed Sheeran's "Perfect".
What We Know:
- Height: 171cm, Strength: Magical.
- The very cryptic clues told us that Unicorns are "creatures born of legends with bloodlines going back through the ages" so we're guessing she has a famous family.
- Unicorn is "very social" and apparently "spreads joy all over the world".
- She's definitely not from a reality show because "unicorns do not believe in taking shortcuts. Noted!
The Judges' Guesses: LaToya Jackson, Deni Hynes, Chris Lilley, Kelly Osbourne.
Wolf has a similar bad-boy vibe to the Prawn, rocking the same sort of pirate-y knee-length coat and boots. The furry crooner definitely won for most creative song choice with Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman", howling and growling his way to a standing ovation.
What We Know:
- Height: 178cm, Strength: Charming.
- The Wolf reckons he's got a "reputation" and is constantly being misjudged and underestimated.
- He was keen on sports as a pup and dreamed of huge crowds cheering him on.
- Wolf assures us he's not "little green riding hood" and has "been an apprentice a couple of times".
- Although singing wasn't his first trade, he's a triple threat.
- Wolfie's bedroom features framed photos of both Kylie Minogue and Holly Valance so there could be a 'Neighbours' connection.
The Judges' Guesses: Barry Hall, Keith Urban, Blair McDonough, Jason Donovan.