Amanda Bynes Reportedly ‘Ordered To Check Into Psychiatric Facility’, But Is Refusing To Go

Following the news she and fiance Paul Michael split just weeks after announcing their engagement, Amanda Bynes has reportedly been ordered by a judge to enter a psychiatric facility.

According to The Blast, the judge in her conservatorship case met with Amanda and the Bynes family, including her fiance, on Thursday, where it was determined Amanda should be placed into a psychiatric facility.

However, while Amanda, 33, initially agreed to admit herself into the live-in center over the weekend, she has since refused to do so and is now reportedly "refusing to cooperate".



Amanda Bynes Splits From Fiance Just Three Weeks After Announcing Engagement

Amanda Bynes and her fiancé, Paul Michael, have called it quits just weeks after announcing their engagement over Instagram.

According to the site, Amanda's fiance, Paul Michael, "freaked out" after learning details of Amanda's situation during the court hearing, and the end of their whirlwind engagement was the result of Paul not wanting "to do anything that would get him in trouble with the judge or others in this case".

Amanda met Michael Paul in rehab. Image: Instagram

Amanda and Paul reportedly met during AA meetings, and after a few months of dating were engaged on Valentine's Day, only for the pair to spit three weeks later, with the actress wiping all photos of him from her social media.



Amanda Bynes Graduates From College Following Rehab Stint

Congratulations Amanda!

It is not yet known what the next steps will be if Amanda continues to refuse to cooperate with her conservatorship, but it is understood her parents are still trying to convince the star to enter of her own accord.

The news follows a string of stints in mental health facilities, with Amanda entering a Los Angeles rehab facility in January 2019 following her appearance in PAPER Mag, after the star reportedly felt too much pressure to work in Hollywood again.

In December of that year, she checked herself out of a sober living facility that she had voluntarily checked herself into.

Image: Instagram