One Direction Singer Louis Tomlinson's Sister Died After 'Accidental Overdose'
Louis Tomlinson’s 18-year-old sister accidentally overdosed on a “perfect storm” of cocaine, Xanax and oxycodone, an inquest heard today.
The social media influencer, who boasted over 1.4 million followers on Instagram, collapsed in her London apartment in March after what was initially reported as a suspected heart attack.
Now, it's believed Felicite had been found lifeless with “white lips” the morning after she had reportedly snorted cocaine with a friend. While paramedics made "extensive efforts" to revive her, she was soon pronounced dead at the scene.
During the Inner West London Coroner’s Court, those in attendance heard she had a "long history of drug use" following the death of her mother Johannah, who had passed away from leukemia in 2016.
Coroner Dr Shirley Radcliffe, recording a misadventure verdict said of the drugs: “It was a perfect storm, the oxyCodone, the alpraxolam (Xanax) and cocaine."
“I find no evidence this was a deliberate act to end her life.”
During the inquest, Dr Paul Eulinger said in a statement: “She admitted she didn't want to give up drugs and she knew it could kill her.”
The inquest also revealed that Louis had attempted several times to get his younger sister clean, with the singer accompanying her to doctor's appointments in the hopes she would kick her drug habit.
Felicite and Louis' father, Mark Tomlinson, had penned a tribute to his late daughter, which was read out at Westminster Coroner's Court.
He said she "was a much-loved daughter and sister" and had from an early age "established herself as mischievous and wonderful with children."
"Felicite had huge hopes and aspirations for her future, a lot of which were beginning to come to fruition at her untimely passing," he added.
"She is missed by all who knew and loved her."